Saturday, July 25, 2009

Football? Already?


I really don't watch that much football. Not much at all, unless it is BSU vs. "?" In fact I can say that I don't think I have missed a BSU game on TV since 2002. Furthering this fact I can easily say that I have seen more WAC football on TV in the last 2 years than NFL games in the last 10. So what is my prediction of '09 BSU football? Well, do you want it biased or unbiased? Suffice to say it would probably be impossible to remain 100% unbiased but I can tell you my initial thoughts without going over the top. WAC champs but not undefeated. BCS birth? Tough but still a threat seeing how BSU will probably end up very close to a top 15 pre-season ranking in several polls. BSU and Oregon. Hmmm... I think Brocks xbox grudge match sums it up "Brock Bedard just played Boise on NCAA 2010 (xbox360). lost in a 41-34 overtime thriller as Oregon. came back from a 24-7 deficit. uh oh."

Fair weather fans. Can't stand you. If you find yourself reading the following (and know who you are) I apologize but at least I kept you anonymous. 2006, BSU was to play Wyoming and Cable One did not carry the Mountain West Sports Network. Uh,oh. After last minute negotiations with the network it was carried on the digital tier. The BSU masses lined up outside of the doors to get a digital box for the game. I heard a colleague of mine say the following "What is the big deal, who cares about one football game?" The verbal beating that ensued was not pretty.

Now if you recall this same season led us to the Fiesta Bowl. On the Monday following this game, who do you think showed up to work with his own commentary on how incredible the game was and how amazing the boys in blue were?

Fair weather fans, I can't stand you.

No comments:

Post a Comment