Wednesday, July 22, 2009

HOPS!


A watched pot never boils and a watched rhizome never sprouts. Did you know that hops will not come out of he ground if you look at them every day? I know! Hard to believe! That is the only conclusion I could come to as far as my Cascade's go. Actually I had one sprout after about 3 weeks but Myale broke it off. Yes I clinched my teeth and closed my eyes while it happened right in front of me but it did make a recovery so Myale can savor her youth for awhile longer. Perhaps some cones by fall but I am certainly not banking on it.

1 comment:

  1. Making some assumptions here... you are growing these hops to brew? I would like to know more.

    Second, I see that Stone is a favorite. Maybe you should look into Karl Strauss: www.karlstrauss.com

    ReplyDelete