Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Next.

Remember Magnum PI? I do. One of my all time favorites when I was a kid. Random? Stick with me for a minute. I was thinking about what to post to my shiny new blog. After all, when you have a new toy you just can't wait to play with it right? All throughout the day I have these conversations with that little voice inside my head, (thank you Thomas Sullivan Magnum III) and I tell that little voice, "you know, that was the kind of thing I want to put on my blog!" The problem, you see, my little voice doesn't seem to grasp the concept of communicating with my memory. If only I could convince my little voice to actually turn his head to my memory and say "hey, memory, could you remember this, I really think he's onto something!"
Next.
Can you believe it? Eight years I have been indebted to wedded bliss with my wonderful wife Sara. This seems to be no mere feat in this day and age as the divorce rate seems to sway higher than ever over the success rate. I actually did hear some news regarding the slow down of divorce. The media was speculating on what may be causing this trend. The first thing that popped into my mind was that there just seems to be less people willing to commit to marriage to begin with so when they do separate, viola, no messy divorce! Yes, you will find an absorbent amount of sarcasm and cynicism here, make no mistake. Back to Sara for moment if you will indulge. I have to take this moment to thank her for putting up with me for these 8 years and I know there will be many more to come, even in light of her toasting our betrothal last week with the following: "Cheers! And here is to God knows how many more years!" I do love that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment